Psychological Benefits of Hobby
Are you looking for something to do to get out of the routine? Do you need to escape from the problems or difficulties of everyday life? Do you need something that motivates you and helps you improve and learn? Practicing a hobby is what you need!
If you have come this far, you may want to start practicing a hobby… WELCOME TO studioformz..
Throughout the different pages of the studio form. You will find the various advantages and disadvantages classified by areas (physical, psychological…). This information is prepared by experts in the field (doctors, psychologists, physical education graduates, journalists, and cultural managers), so we hope that they will significantly help you make decisions and that you can choose your hobby with greater security.
On this page, we will focus our attention on the psychological benefits that practicing a hobby can bring you. We are sure that there are many questions that you have asked yourself to choose your hobby, and now we are going to try to answer each one. We hope that familiarizing yourself with the various benefits can help you make the final decision. Are you ready? Ahead!
Everything you start, carry it out with enthusiasm and desire but do not forget to measure your strength. The old sages say that for a practice to become a habit, it is necessary to do it at least 30 or 40 days in a row. Try it, but it is better to practice small amounts of time daily than to practice a significant amount of time one day and be exhausted and unmotivated the next day. Our first piece of advice is: START WITH LIGHT DOSE, BUT CONTINUOUS… AND WHEN YOU REALIZE IT, YOU WILL HAVE TURNED YOUR HOBBY INTO YOUR GREATEST ALLY.
Although some may think that having a hobby is a waste of time, the truth is that having a hobby goes beyond pure entertainment and can bring many psychological benefits. The practice of your hobby is like fishing with a rod, sometimes you have to release the line and other times pick it up; therefore, practicing a hobby requires responsibility, perseverance, enthusiasm, emotional expression, repeating and repeating, leaving doors ajar, making your own decisions, observe, imagine, dream (…)
Identifying our hobbies is like identifying our true vocation, but this is not an easy task. Illusion, enthusiasm, and commitment would be, according to several authors, the elements that would indicate that we are in the right hobby. But this is not all; at the beginning of this page, we tried to answer your questions: which hobby is more suitable for me? What is it for? What does the practice of a hobby bring me?
Practicing a hobby will positively impact our behavior, successes, and failures; it will make us more aware of our thoughts about our relationships with others. It also helps us:
- Improve mental health: Keeping the mind active and engaged in a hobby helps us be aware of our abilities, work productively, and better cope with everyday day-to-day stresses. Practicing a hobby creates chemical reactions in the brain that help us have good mental health, be alert, and improve our concentration.
- Reduce stress: Good mental health is essential to cope with and reduce day-to-day stress. Having a hobby to practice can function as an escape valve and relax in the face of daily stress.
- Promote social relationships: Many hobbies involve contact and relationships with other people. It has been proven that having a good and excellent network to share time with and lean on makes us happier and improves our quality of life. They offer us support, learn from them, help us build our identity, and provide us with fun, entertainment, etc.
- Promote creativity: Your brain is your ally to be happy. Feeling satisfied with your achievements helps you to have and practice a hobby full of meaning. Practicing a hobby helps us face everyday life’s problems in another way, broadens our perspective, and allows us to respond to the difficulties of daily life in other ways. This is closely related to resilience. It will enable you to cope better when there are profound changes in your life, quickly recover from setbacks, and change your lifestyle and attitude. Practicing a hobby also contributes to becoming wiser and more assertive in complicated situations. The best way to enhance creativity is to cultivate as much inner joy as possible and permit ourselves to enjoy every activity in our lives fully.
- Encourage getting out of the routine and the comfort zone: To learn, improve and advance, it is necessary to face new situations, and learning a hobby can be an excellent way to achieve it.
- Fight depressive and anxious symptoms: they can alleviate mood or behavioral disorders.
- They can contribute to disease prevention: It has been shown that hobbies that promote physical and mental activity and social relationships can delay the onset of dementia. Therefore, practicing a hobby can be considered a good protective factor against diseases that deteriorate mental health, such as dementia.
- Cultivate the art of adaptation: The latest studies from American Universities show that practicing a hobby frequently helps people adapt to new situations. These studies mention cognitive flexibility, stating that these people can adapt more easily and quickly to unique circumstances. Furthermore, these people expect to respond and trust the power.
- Promote self-knowledge: The practice of a hobby allows you to get to know yourself better, reflect and deal with your emotions. Getting where you want without attending to your feelings won’t be easy. Recent studies show that it is much easier to learn to play soccer without being invaded by negemotionselings such as frustration or discouragement because, like everything in life, things are not achieved or learned from one day to the next.
- It helps you to become aware of your daily activities and how you enjoy them: Don’t rush; take your time to enjoy. We live in constant stress and ru, making us lose ourselves and not give importance to what makes us happy. It’s time to enjoy HobbyAfición, your moment, become aware, thank and surround yourself with people with a great sense of humor who invite you to continue.
- Exercise patience: The practice of your hobby or hobby allows us to remain firm in the face of setbacks, contributing to properly and effectively managing emotions and thoughts and helping decision-making.
- It allows us to anticipate: The practice of this activity will enable us to anticipate and find a way out of many daily life problems. Hobbies allow us to add images to situations of everyday life, and this is precisely one of the essential tools that our brain has to survive.
- Improves the sense of humor: The practice of hobbies enhances the importance of humor; psychologists say that one of the best relaxation techniques is a good time laughing out loud. Laughing causes the brain to secrete dopamine, the substance of love and tenderness. A sense of humor, like any other behavior, is learned, practiced, and taught, both the bad and the good. The context in which the activity of a hobby is developed is ideal for enhancing a sense of humor since it is a stress-free context linked to leisure activities. In this context, we can also appreciate how the practice of a hobby allows the person to correct his mistakes and generally laugh at himself. In addition to practicing a hobby, you have to take risks and play, as well as with a sense of humor.